Distribute Consent to Bill Medicaid Forms
- Obtain consent for all students by having the Medicaid consent form included in the school registration packet.
- Obtain signed consent at Consent Meetings and IEP meetings.
- Obtain signed consent by utilizing the EmbraceIEP® Parent Portal for obtaining electronic signatures.
Explain Consent to Parents
- Have staff practice “role playing” the conversations they will have with parents regarding the consent form, and practice explaining the purpose for providing consent.
- Provide informational handouts that staff can share with parents regarding parental consent.
- Educate staff regarding parental consent and the impact Medicaid reimbursement has for the district.
Establish Procedures Early in the Special Education Referral Process
- Identify who is the first contact with the parent in the referral process.
- Provide training in explaining the parental consent form.
- Determine how the signed consent form gets turned in and recorded in the EmbraceDS® system.
- Establish a follow-up process throughout the year to monitor pending claims that are missing parental consent.
Share Examples of the Benefits for Utilizing Medicaid Funds
- To hire and maintain quality service providers
- Potentially expand services being provided
- Improve technology resources for staff and students
- Improve classroom environments
- Other creative and impactful ideas